The state of Florida is on a stay-at-home order effective 4/2/2020 for the next 30 days. Read the details here.
COVID-19 Resources & Phone Numbers
Where: Outside of Lee Convenient Care at Page Field 4771 S Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers and the Cape Coral Sports Complex 1510 Sports Blvd, Cape Coral.
- Lee Convenient Care is open from noon to 4 p.m. seven days a week.
- Cape Coral Sports Complex is open from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. seven days a week.
Requirements: Patients must have a doctor’s order and will be given a telephone number to make an appointment for the test, which is required.
(From the NCH Website)
NCH recently received more test kits and is able to offer mobile testing again at the Downtown Baker Hospital Telford Parking garage starting Monday, March 30 at 10am. We have increased the number of slots available for next week and are able to offer testing for up to 50 patients per day, Monday thru Friday.
Requirements: We require a physician’s order and updated insurance information when making the appointment.
Phone: 239-624-4443, OPTION 1
- Harry Chapin Food Bank Serves both Lee & Collier Counties (239) 334-7007 (https://harrychapinfoodbank.org/food-locator/)
- Lee County Public Schools Meal Sites (https://www.leeschools.net/parent_portal/covid-19/meal_pick_up_sites)
- Collier County Public Schools Meal Sites (https://www.collierschools.com/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=4&ModuleInstanceID=466&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=22604&PageID=1)
- Meals on Wheels (free meals delivered, for seniors) https://www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org/find-meals
- You can get two months of internet free from Comcast 1-855-846-8376 (www.internetessentials.com/covid19). Call us or Comcast and you can get help.
- State of Florida Health Department COVID-19 Hotline: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/ or 1 (866) 779-6121
- Lee Health: https://www.leehealth.org/ or 239-332-9501
- Collier County Health Department: http://collier.floridahealth.gov/ or (239) 252-8200
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/
- If you are experiencing symptoms and/or feel you may have been exposed to the virus and want to be checked, please call the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 call center (available 24/7) at 866-779-6121 or email your questions to COVIDemail@example.com before traveling to any healthcare facility.
- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM GOING DIRECTLY TO THE DOCTOR’S OFFICE AND/OR SHOWING UP AT THE EMERGENCY ROOM (unless there is a true life safety issue) DUE TO THE HIGH RISK OF SPREADING THE VIRUS TO OTHERS!
Ways to Help
- Give blood, if you are healthy it’s safe. Supplies are running low because people are afraid. (redcross.org)
- Donate food or money to Harry Chapin Food Bank or other area food banks. Find your local food bank here (www.feedingamerica.org/find-your-local-foodbank) (https://donate.harrychapinfoodbank.org/make-a-gift-covid-19/).
- Donate to the SWFL emergency relief fund: https://floridacommunity.com/community-foundations-of-collier-county-and-southwest-florida-launch-coronavirus-relief-funds/
Donations to Lee Health and NCH
• Masks (any kind)
• Gowns/ Suits (Tyvek or any suits)
• Hand sanitizers
There has been some questions as to how to safely make a hand-sewn mask. The following tips should be observed when making hand-sewn masks:
1. Mask fabric should be prewashed in hot water and dried to pre-shrink the fabric to provide better protection.
2. Two fabric layers are better than one layer.
3. Elastic ear loops are preferred.
4. Please freshly launder after sewing is completed.
5. Place one mask each in a ziplock bag for distribution.
Please deliver supplies Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. to NCH Central Campus (2157 Pine Ridge Rd, Naples, FL 34109). Our security guard will receive the items.
- Masks: surgical masks and N95 respirator masks
- Eye protection
- Medical gowns
We urge donations to be delivered to:
Lee Health Foundation
9800 S Healthpark Drive
Forty Myers, FL 33908
Please call 239-343-6950 for questions.
Employment and Business
- Small business loans to relieve stress during COVID: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- File for Unemployment: http://www.floridajobs.org/Reemployment-Assistance-Service-Center/reemployment-assistance/claimants/apply-for-benefits or call 1-800-204-2418
Lee County Local Information
- City cancellations and closures: https://cityftmyers.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1077
- Lee County transportation services including LeeTran fixed routes and Passport ADA transportation services will continue to operate on a regular schedule.
- City of Fort Myers solid waste and recycling services will continue with regularly scheduled routes: https://www.cityftmyers.com/1561/Schedules-and-Routes.
- Beach Closures:
Collier County Local Information
- The Collier Sheriff
- If you have COVID symptoms and call dispatch, please let the dispatcher know before-hand
- Submit records requests online and report minor accidents online as well: https://www.colliersheriff.org/?fbclid=IwAR0Uw5qaxQy3naL0NrsNvDDCOzjQ1FH3kNcii5J5DD3k7yZLxyZPQ83p48w
- Collier Area Transit and CAT Connect will suspend all fares effective Tuesday, March 24 until further notice. All passengers are to enter and exit through the rear door of the bus. This action will allow for additional distancing between operators and passengers, per CDC guidelines.
- As part of Collier County’s ongoing effort to limit the spread of COVID-19, Collier County Manager Leo Ochs announced that effective sunset today (March 19, 2020), Collier County beaches will be closed to the public until further notice.
- State of Florida Price Gouging: 1 (866) 966-7226
- United Way 2-1-1 is activated as a non-emergency hotline that provides free and confidential information on health and human services. 2-1-1 call centers are staffed from 8:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m. daily by trained Information and Referral Specialists who quickly assess needs and refer callers to the help that they seek. https://www.211unitedway.org/
- Symptoms can range from mild to severe. Mild symptoms include runny nose, cough, sore throat, fever, and shortness of breath.
- It can take from 2 days to 14 days for an infected person to show symptoms (after exposure) but an infected person can spread the corona virus even before they show symptoms.